June 01, 2014

MAC Maleficent True Love's Kiss Lipstick Review

I'm not really a fan of MAC's special editions because I really believe it's just a marketing ploy BUT I do buy one or two items if I really liked the concept, li.e. MAC's Marilyn Monroe Collection. So as a huge Disney fan when I was a kid, especially Sleeping Beauty, I knew I had to check out True Love's Kiss lipstick from their Maleficent Collection.
Disney's most iconic villain, brought to life in this summer's epic new film, inspires a limited-edition colour collection in specially designed packaging to delight the most demanding of dark sorceresses. Intensely admired for her evil elegance, despite her efforts to instill fear in the hearts of generations, this icon casts a spell of absolute adoration with sensuous shades so wickedly gorgeous, who needs beauty sleep? (MAC website)
I wanted to buy other products from the collection but I didn't really like anything else after I tested some on. I don't wear lip gloss and the contour and matte powder did not suit my skin tone. I don't use fake lashes, lipliners and I'm not a big fan of the palette. 
(color under florescent light)
To be honest, I only liked this lipstick because of the slick packaging and I ran out of Russian Red so I thought I'd try it and it looked nice.
(color under natural light)

Item: MAC Maleficent True Love's Kiss 
Price: 17 USD in USA and 38 AUD in Australia (WTF right?)
Color: Lips shame the red, red rose in the clean bright red and amplified finish of Lipstick in True Love’s Kiss. Specially designed M∙A∙C Maleficent packaging. (from MAC website)
 Pros:
- As an amplified finish, it is really pigmented and creamy
-Has a nice sheen to it
-Looks great in photos
-Works with any skin color but it has a bit of a warm tone
-very light, easy to carry
-has MAC's staple vanilla-ish scent so it smells nice
-does not bleed
-great with brunettes, darker skin tones and dark eyes ie. Pinays :)


Cons:
-I don't know if it's just my lips but one coat was not enough for the color to really pop out
-the color is nothing special, it's too similar to MAC's RiRi and Ruby Woo (dunno if that's bad)


 Questions? Talk to me here: Millie's Ask.FM

x
Millie

❋ Follow and Subscribe 
Mark's Facebook   Twitter | Millie's Facebook  Twitter Tumblr  Youtube

Listening to: Northern Lights by DZ Deathrays
Loving: DZ DEATHRAYS CONCEEERRTTT!!
Watching: Revenge s3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...