November 01, 2013

Spell Block Tango


"Cell Block Tango" is my favorite song in Chicago.
 I know the whole song by heart and secretly wish I could be part of its performance...in Broadway. Chos.
The song is clever, humorous and empowering.
"And then he ran into my knife...
he ran into my knife ten times."
Don't you just adore lines like these?

To have Disney villains, with their flair for drama and theatrics, perform this song was the icing on top of this devious, poison-filled cake.
 I wasn't totally disappointed, in fact, I found this cover quite witty.

If you're not familiar with Cell Block Tango, well, you're missing half of your life.
I kid. Watch the movie version with Catherine Zeta-Jones, Renee Zellweger and Richard Gere which I think is more dramatic than the stage one, which in turn was more comical. Anyhoo, they're both good. 

TL;DR?
Lesson of the song:

1. Don't mess with women. 
2. Be kind to your woman.
3. Don't be an asshole, lest you run into someone's knife...
ten times.

Happy Halloween! Questions? Talk to me here: Millie's Ask.FM
x
Millie

❋ Follow and Subscribe 
Mark's Facebook   Twitter | Millie's Facebook  Twitter Tumblr  Youtube

Loving: Mark
Watching: The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...