November 24, 2013

Beauty Haul: November Favorites


 Aside from a good smile, positive attitude and... ehem... love (CHOSSS), here are some of my beauty faves for November to give you that "blooming glow."
 My current beauty regimen (L-R):

1. Rapid Clear, Neutrogena - I had a bad case of acne in Sydney. I think it was the super hot mornings and afternoons followed by chilly evenings. Needless to say, my skin got confused and dried up from the heat and cold. Did you know that skin is actually dry on the inside when it's oily? Our oil glands produce extra oil to balance the dryness leaving some of us with unwanted acne. This product stings a bit, reduces oil and works fast.

2. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Rejuvenating Facial Serum - is the bomb!!! It may be a bit sticky on my face but I can assure you that it made my skin extra soft after 2 nights! I loooove this product so much that it's gonna be a staple in my beauty regimen. Read more reviews online to find out how amazing this is.

3. Garnier Ultra Lift - This product isn't anything special. I like the packaging though. I don't have wrinkles around my eyes but it did lighten my eyebags. 

4. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Night Renewal Cream - This night cream is so velvety and luxurious on the skin. The scent can be off putting at first since it smells like cocoa powder, but I think this works well with the Rejuvenating Facial Serum so I use this every other night. 

5. Lucas' Papaw Ointment - I think this is only available in Australia and some online stores but I have to tell you, this should be in EVERY household. This is like the magic ointment for EVERYTHING. I even used it on my dry face/acne and poof! They were almost gone the next day!!! Honestly! It's like straight from a Harry Potter novel or something! I will always keep this with me forever! hahaha!

6. Nivea Pure and Natural Body Lotion - smells so goood! I apply this after taking a shower and before I go to sleep. The smell makes me feel so girly and oddly enough, put together. Also, my skin feels silky.

7. Vaseline Sunscreen - For the beach. Again, it could have been any kind of sunblock but this one doesn't feel greasy on the skin and the scent is very feminine unlike the usual, plastic-like smell of other sunblocks.

L'Occitane for my hands and body.
 Great combo. Great price.
Cute mirror with a crystal ribbon reminds me of Sailormoon.
I know this is quite late but I just want to thank my beautiful Tita Mariam, TitoNorman, Kenny and Chris for these lovely lovely presents. My Tita Aga and her family didn't forget to give me presents even though they're going through so much. You have the kindest heart, Tita Aga and I pray for you and your family. I love you and God bless you!

I am crazy about this eye contour kit! It's now a staple in my handbags. I love how I can take it anywhere with me esp when I travel. I use it when I'm in a hurry or I need a retouch. Thank you so much, Mishi for this wonderful gift!


 And of course, gotta love milk baths, scrubs and shower gels (L-R): St. Ives Apricot Scrub, Johnson's Baby Milk Bath, Marks & Spencer China Blue, Marks & Spencer Red Velvet shower gel, Anna Sui Dolly Girl Ooh La Love, Avon Naturals shower gel in shea and apricot, The Body Shop Mango Shower Gel
Amazing, artisanal gifts from Mark’s gorgeous, glam sisters! Acqua dell’Elba Classic EDT, with a mandarin, lemon, rosemary, marine and mediterranean shrub finish from the Island of Elba on the Mediterranean; Santa Maria Novella di Farmacia’s citrus-rich EDT, fresh from Florence, Italy; A spiffy Benefit make-up kit perfect for travelling and some choice accessories and jewellery!


Mark's sister, Carissa, took these photos in Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella in Florence, Italy
The Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Nuova' or 'Pharmacy of Santa Maria Novella' is located in via della Scala in Firenze, at part of the convent of Santa Maria Novella.

Established by Dominican friars in 1221, the Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella is one of the oldest pharmacies in the world.The monks began to cultivate the herbs that they need to prepare medications, balms and creams for the monastery's little infirmary. And ointments including a rosewater disinfectant thought to protect against the plague. 
The pharmacy was officially born in 1612, on the suggestion by the grand duke Fernando I . And a century later their herbal secrets had become internationally renowned.The pharmacy room is furnished with shelves in the neo-Gothic style. The frescoes on the walls by Paolino Sarti celebrate the splendor of pharmacies in the world.Today, traditions are being carried out with unaltered success - many of the items are still made from slightly modified 14th -16th century recipes. The production is limited and is meticulously controlled and only the highest quality natural ingredients are used.

Their products include: Essences, Pomades, Spirits, Balms, Liqueurs, and other preparations
So did my new skin regimen work? I guess so. This is an unedited, unfiltered pic from my laptop. The only editing that happened here were the cropping and blog name. That's it. So ayan, mukhang tinalbugan ako ng kasama ko. Aminado naman ako na mas maganda siya sakin... hehehe ^__^


I still think the best beauty secret is a positive attitude though. Happy thoughts, happy soul equals blooming aura. Oha.

Until my next Beauty Haul!



I highly recommend most of the products here. If you want to know more about them, don't hesitate to ask me here: Millie's Ask.FM
x
 Millie


❋ Follow and Subscribe 
Mark's Facebook   Twitter | Millie's Facebook  Twitter Tumblr  Youtube

Listening to: We Are Stars by The Pierces
Loving: Sebastian Michaelis and sige na nga, si Mark Orosa Uy! 
Watching: The Big Bang Theory s07e09 funniest episode so far!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...