June 23, 2013

Maybelline Colorsensational Bold Matte in Honey Nectar

 I was finally able to post this! This blog post was almost lost in my backlogs. Good thing I browsed through my Drafts folder a while ago. Anyway, if you've been reading my blog for a while now, you'll know that I LOVE my lippies. I've been currently sporting MAC Watch Me Simmer which is a limited edition lipstick from MAC, thus, my tube is almost empty! I adored the shade too much that I started wearing it everyday. Le sigh. Since I'm running out of WMS, I was desperate to find a dupe.

 As I was looking around PCX and Rob for my dupe, I found this: Maybelline Colorsensational Bold Matte in Honey Nectar. Since Maybelline launched the BOLD MATTE collection last April-May-ish(?), they didn't have testers which really frustrated me so I kept coming back to the same sales person everytime I go to ATC.
Nevertheless, after a bit of research, I found that Honey Nectar was almost a perfect dupe for MAC Watch Me Simmer. As you can see from the picture, I bought this last April-May along with other lipsticks and make-up products that the lippie itself along with several backlogs got buried somewhere for a few weeks or so!


About the lipstick: Don't be fooled with the whole "BOLD MATTE" packaging. This lippie is NOT MATTE at all. All I can say is that the texture is a bit silky with a sheen.
After a few tries and a few dabs, the color sets in. The look and texture are the closest Maybelline can get to copying MAC lipsticks. 

It's a bit neon pink without overwhelming the face. As you can see, without any lip gloss, it does not look matte at all.
Item: Maybelline Colorsensational Bold Matte in Honey Nectar
Price: P399.00
Color: bright warm pink/neon pink
Pros:
- Like MAC's amplified finish, it is really pigmented and creamy
-Has a nice sheen to it
-Looks great in photos
-Works with any skin color
-smells ok
-is not really drying but I still recommend you exfoliate your lips beforehand
-is leaning towards a bit of warm pink but can go a bit cool depending on your natural lip color
-really cheap so you can use it everyday without feeling guilty
-really fun, fresh color

Cons:
-Needs reapplying after 2-3 hours
-If you're looking for a matte pink, this is not it
-the packaging can be a bit bulky in my purse
-can be drying even if it's not matte for some weird reason. Maybelline's really like that.

Verdict: I'm ok with it. I use it in the office everyday because I love the color. It can be a bit drying like most of my Maybelline lipsticks. The formula is ALMOST like MAC's but for some reason, Maybelline can't get the hydrating effect of MAC lippies. All in all, it's very affordable and will work well for starter kits and touch ups. 

If you want more lipstick reviews, check out:

MAYBELLINE THE JEWELS: REFINED WINE LIPSTICK REVIEW

MAC PINK NOUVEAU LIPSTICK REVIEW
MAC RUSSIAN RED LIPSTICK REVIEW
MAC REBEL LIPSTICK REVIEW
CHANEL ROUGE ALLURE LIBERTINE LIPSTICK REVIEW
ETUDE HOUSE PETIT DARLING LIPS RED LIPSTICK REVIEW
AFFORDABLE RED LIPSTICKS UNDER 300 PESOS
x


❋ Follow and Subscribe 
Mark's Facebook   Twitter | Millie's Facebook  Twitter Tumblr  Youtube

Listening to : Sacrilege by Yeah Yeah Yeas
        Loving: lippies
             =( : heat!

2 comments:

  1. What matte lippie can you recommend the most? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC is really good and maybe some of Revlon's lippies :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...