May 07, 2013

Hurrah For April!


Beware the Ides of March warns the Soothsayer. Yet, pain and fear and tribulations strike at any time. They are not scheduled as conveniently as Shakespeare. April was a time of loss, where the leaden echo of despair was deafeningly loud. Momento mori - it whispered, or sometimes yelled. But it was also a time to reflect, a time to reach out and a time to be thankful.


1. Date with Allison, Gray Portrait and Kadz
-I was just so happy to see these people and bond with them. I miss them so much and I'm glad we were all able to catch up. :)


2. Love and support from my loved ones
- Words cannot describe the overwhelming gratitude I feel for my family and friends who took care of me.
- Thank you so much Mark for coming all the way from Sydney in the middle of the semester just to stay with me and take care of me 24/7 even for a week. 
Thank you so much Joel for driving every day to see me, taking care of my needs and for helping me get through the pain. Thank you for taking a break from your work for a month to help me recover. You don't know how much I appreciate it.
-Thank you so much Margie, Me-Ann, Ate Sally and Mark for being there for me and attending to my requests and needs. Thank you Margie for being the temporary head of the house and making sure that everything in our home was in order whilst I was in the hospital. I know you literally got sick and stressed for managing the household, your work and me. Thank you for your patience.
- Thank you so much to my second mother, Tita Cecile for all the support you have given and strength you have shown. Even though you were super busy, you still took time to visit me and fix everything for me so I will be spared the stresses of dealing with hospital issues.  
- Thank you so much to all my friends and family, Gail, Allison, Ralen, Sarah, Naj, Tito Joe, Tita Loyda, Tito Jun, Tita Annie, Tito Cesar, Tita Diophe, Fr Ross, Joe and Tita Milette for visiting me, praying for me, sending me cards, making me laugh and for listening to my woes.Thank you so much for your support. I love you all!
- Thank you so much to all my family and friends who consoled, messaged, visited, texted, skyped and called to show their love. 
- And of course, thank you very much to my parents for everything. Even though you were in New Zealand, you made sure that I was taken care of here. I'm sorry for letting you go through this pain but I assure you that I love you so much and did not want this to happen.

3. Seeing Mark again
-Upon hearing about my condition, he booked his plane ticket that very same day to look after me. He didn't sleep well because he assisted me in everything from standing, sitting, eating and using the toilet. My God. He has shown me so much love and dedication, I cry whenever I think about it. Thank you for being there and for giving me hope to move on. Thank you for helping me carry this burden.

4. Pasalubong and gifts from New Zealand, Australia, Japan and from a lot of people!
-My family and friends showered me with love! I received gifts, letters, messages, calls and texts of love and support! Thank you!!!

5. New Queen size bed and curtains
-Since I would be staying in bed for a month, Joel bought a beautiful queen size bed as my advance birthday gift! Thank you!!!

6. Got my old body back
-I don't have a picture yet but let's just say that from October 2012-March 2013, my weight went up from 106lbs to 117lbs! OMG right? So after my stint at the hospital, I'm back to a healthy 108-110lbs. :))

7. Future plans?
-My near death experience changed a lot of us. Yes, all my doctors said I almost died. If I waited a day or two more before going to ER, I would have died from internal bleeding/blood poisoning. So it made us think of our lives and future plans. Needless to say, during the time Mark was here, we were browsing through beautiful diamond rings. We were so giddy that we even asked mum if we could try some of her diamonds just to see how "it/future" whatever it is, looks. Anyway, I'm just hoping for the best :)



Downside
Since I had to undergo a major operation and was hospitalized for 9 days, I had to recover and stay at home for almost 2 months. 
1. Had to cancel my trip to Vietnam and my 1st day of Work 
-My doctor also advised me to cancel my trip to Vietnam and postpone my first day of work from April 15 to May 14. The farthest place I'm allowed to go is UPLB or any 2 hour land trip and I had to make sure that I have all my meds and a cozy hotel room where I can rest every few hours. Oh well, wishing I still get to see Vietnam later this year. :)

2. Health issues
-I cannot eat much. I cannot swim or go on a road trip. I cannot fly. I cannot travel for a few months while I recover. Hopefully, I'll be better for my Bali Trip this July.


So many things happened! Phew! I'm glad April's over but I'm so excited for my new career this May! Heck, I'm thankful I'm still alive to see May. To all the people who have been there for me at my lowest, here is a message for you:
I'm happy to know that I am still blessed and very much loved, all thanks to everyone.
One good reason to move on, right?

x
Millie

❋ Follow and Subscribe 
Mark's Facebook   Twitter | Millie's Facebook  Twitter Tumblr  Youtube


Listening to: This is Why by Late Night Alumni
       Loving: Mark
            =(:sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...