April 21, 2013

Of Swimsuits and Body Issues

Like most insecure adolescents, I despised my body. I hated how my huge breasts would not allow me to wear any clothes I wanted and how hard it was to shed my baby fat. My weight fluctuated like the stock market and my acne would come and go like an erratic lover. During high school, my weight skyrocketed from 110lbs to 130lbs. Needless to say, I dreaded our PE classes that entailed us to wear shorts and required us to have swimming lessons in our then-new olympic size swimming pool. You have to understand, we had to swim with the boys in our bathing suit–a nightmare of epic proportions to any chubby, insecure teen!
So before entering college, I decided to enroll in Fitness First. I had a trainer, dietitian and a favorite masseuse. Before June, I was down to 120lbs but I wanted to be slimmer. With a proper diet which included 1/4 cup of rice, a small plate of viand and vegetables courtesy of the nuns from St. Therese Dormitory and my daily jog around Freedom Park, my weight went down to 110lbs by 2nd semester of my second year. I was even able to reach 102lbs during college but my weight still fluctuated from 102lbs-110lbs. Upon achieving my ideal weight, I gained more confidence in wearing short shorts and of course, swimsuits! 
My favorite swimsuits, from Nudo to Ed Hardy :)
My huge breasts that were once a source of ridicule and insecurity became an asset and now, I am proud of them melons. After years of being so tightly wound and anxious about my figure, I have grown to love my body and who I am. I really do not care what others say whenever I post my beach photos. I worked hard to have this figure, I am comfortable in my own skin and I am proud of my body regardless of any weight changes. I have never starved myself to be thinner, never went on a diet and stopped being obsessed about my figure for almost 8 years now.
Therefore, as you can see, I have grown to love swimsuits. I have a variety of swimwear from bikinis to one pieces to maillots. I never once considered wearing a bikini but now, I embrace the idea wholeheartedly. To hell with the world, my body may never stay this good or healthy forever! 
One-pieces from Kamiseta, Accessorize and Freeway


Aside from that, I became a big fan of dresses–summer dresses to be exact. I am not a jeans kind of person. You would always see me in shorts, skirts or dresses.
Some of my summer dresses and cover-ups from Bangkok and Sydney
Long dresses for the beach.
And some dresses I would give away.
My summer ready bands.

So I guess what you can take from this post is that if you really want something, you have to work hard for it and when you finally achieve your goal, do not be embarrassed to share it or even flaunt it! Be proud of your accomplishment. Be proud of who you are. And of course, love your body...it's the only one you've got. :)

x
Millie

❋ Follow and Subscribe 
Mark's Facebook   Twitter | Millie's Facebook  Twitter Tumblr  Youtube


Listening to: True Love by Ke$ha feat Katy Perry
       Loving: Mark
            =(: a very long engagement :)

11 comments:

  1. You're always beautiful, Millie :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaww! Thank you so much, beautiful person! Whoever you are! :D

      Delete
  2. I like the "And some dresses I would give away." HAHA. Nice to see you perfectly healthy Mil. :) Stay fit and pretty inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jinee!! I miss you!! Stay sexy at gorj dapat tayong dalawa hahaha muaaah!! <3

      Delete
  3. "My huge breasts that were once a source of ridicule and insecurity became an asset and now, I am proud of them melons."

    - Oh yeah! I am proud of my melons too, hahahaha! :D And as of the moment hirap na hirap na ko kakahanap ng swimwear na large ang top at medium and bottom, ayaw nila pumayag na mixed *sigh* :(

    "So I guess what you can take from this post is that if you really want something, you have to work hard for it and when you finally achieve your goal, do not be embarrassed to share it or even flaunt it! Be proud of your accomplishment. Be proud of who you are. And of course, love your body...it's the only one you've got. :)"

    - I love this post, Millie! Na-inspired na naman ako sa post mo, havey na havey lang! :D I-donate mo na lang sakin yung "And some dresses I would give away." hahahaha! Joke! :D


    xx,
    A.G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it!!! I have a tip though: I know it's a bit evil pero pag bumibili ako ng swimsuit/bikini, I tend to mix them and actually get away with it. hahahha hindi naman kasi nila tinitignan yung sizes pero most of my tops are Large and I get Medium for my bottoms. hihihihi Wag mo nalang sabihin! I knooooww evil siya!! hahahah :D

      Thank you so much for your comment!! hahahaha I hope you enjoyed your Bohol trip! Hangsexy mo teh!!! hehehehe Have a happy summer and good luck with your swimsuit hunting! muaah! :*

      Delete
    2. Spanking you little evil one, hahahah! :D Buuuuut, it is a good advice to live by.. i'll do that for sure, hahahaha! Oh well sad to say, nakabili na ko ng swimsuit sa I Love Koi. Top and bottom, both large. *sigh* No time na rin kasi pumunta pa ng showroom and stalls nila eh, busy sa work at nakakatamad lumabas dahil sa pagka-OA ng weather. Yung tipong hindi ka pa gumagalaw, pawisan ka na agad -_-

      P.S.
      Super enjoy ang Bohol, esp the zipline and the plunge, hahahah! And kung sexy lang din naman ang usapan, wala pa ko nyan sa ngayon teh but im working on it, i'll get there *fingerscrossed* hahahaha! :D


      xx,
      AG

      Delete
    3. Hahahahah I like swimsuits from I Love Koi but i prefer Nudo kasi hehehe, they have my size. I do get that we don't ahve time to go to their showrooms.. Layo kaya samin and YES, the weather is crazy! Yung tipong kaliligo mo palang, pawis ka na agad! Josko.

      I'm glad you enjoyed Bohol! Masaya dun hehehe and I know teh, sexy ka na.. di na dapat trabahuhin hahahha!!! take care!! :D

      Delete
    4. Dami rin maganda sa Nudo kaso naubusan sila agad ng stocks nung mga highwaist swimwear nila, meron sila mga medium e jusko naman teh kamusta naman sa melons ko hahahaha! Need ko na rin magingat dahil ayoko ulit matanggalan ng top habang nagswi-swim sa beach hahahah :D Tsaka hindi ko na mahintay kung kelan ulit sila magrere-stock. Need to buy na rin kasi asap for our Boracay trip naman *excitedpants* :D Will post pics on Instagram, do you have Instagram ba? :)
      Ganto pala ung binili ko from I Love Koi - Lolita – CherryLove, uso daw ngaun ang vintage/highwaist kaya nakikiuso lang ako, haha :D

      Oo nga pala, I've read sa post mo na na-hospitalized ka. You take care of your self. Mukhang prone ka ata sa mga sakit eh. Ingat lagi lalo na ngayon na medyo may pagka-OA ang weather. ;)


      xx,
      AG

      Delete
    5. MAdami ngang maganda sa Nudo hahahha. OMG I looked at CherryLove. It's so pretty!! twitpic please!! Wala akong instagram eh pero abangan ko nalang pics mo sa twitter. Hehehe. Enjoy Boracay!! I'm actually excited for you.. buti ka pa.. pwedeng magbeach.. ako hindi.. huhuhu gusto ko na rin magbeach! huhu... ayun lamang, kelangan nasa bahay lang ako lagi. Haaay.. heheheh anyway, thank you for your comment and enjoy your summer!! *huuug*

      Delete
    6. Thank you and you're welcome hehe! :) Will post pics on Twitter para makita mo, promise hahahah! Magpagaling ka na kasi agad agad tsaka wag masyadong pasaway para makapag beach ka din, knowing you pa naman mahilig ka mag explore sa iba't ibang beaches ng Pinas. May 1 month pa bago matapos ang summer, kill na yan! Hahahahah! ;)


      xx,
      AG

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...