February 25, 2013

85th Annual Academy Awards (Oscars 2013) Red Carpet Gowns


Just wanted to share the looks I absolutely adored and uhm abhorred during the Academy Awards. 
All pictures are from justjared.com where I get my updated pics. 
Click on the pics to enlarge. Enjoy!

THE PLAINS
 Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
She looks stunning! I've been crushing on this chick ever since The Hunger Games movie and I even made a blog post containing some of her sexiest poses as a tribute to her raw, femininity.

Anne Hathaway in Prada light pink duchesse satin backless column gown.

I'm not loving this look to be honest. It looks cheap Anne, I'm really sorry. The dress looks like something you can buy in SM, cmon'! You were nominated and just won another Oscar and you show up in THIS?


Maria Menounos in Romona Keveza
VA-va-va-voom! Color kung color! I love this!!!
Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture
A bit boring but Charlize is hot so she was able to pull this look. And oh, THOSE  BICEPS.
Samantha Barks in Valentino
It's one of those looks that makes me want to have a "smaller" chest area. Elegantly put together Samantha. Bravo!

THE LACEY, BEADY, SPARKLY PRINTS
Alicia Vikander in Elie Saab Couture Gown 
The dress that made me do this blog post. What a stunning piece of art!!! Why can't anyone tell me who she's wearing? *Updated, thank you so much to our lovely reader, Anne for telling me about Alicia, Emma and Lily's who they are wearing! :D
Lily Collins in Zuhair Murad Couture
Not a big fan of the front so here's a pic of the back. Lily is so elegant here!

Olivia Munn in Marchesa
Reminds me of McQueen but hell, this is red hot.
Louise Roe in Monique Lhuillier
Still undecided. Deep down I like the gown very much but maybe not for her. A neater hairstyle perhaps?
Catherine Zeta-Jones in Zuhair Murad Coutoure
Ooh, I have a weakness for elaborate designs, from damask to Victorian vines and maybe art deco. I'm not sure this is the look I'm talking about but I like it. Not crazy about it but like it.
 
Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen
Another weakness of mine-a McQueen gown. The dragonfly design is really sweet but I'm not a big fan of the neckline. Dammit Amanda! Why did this have to be a McQueen?
 Jessica Chastain in Giorgio Armani
Old Hollywood glamour definitely hits the spot. Adore!
 Naomi Watts wearing Armani Prive dress, Jimmy Choo shoes, Roger Vivierbag, and Neil Lane jewels.
Gunmetal love! Just whoa!

Adele in Jenny Packham

Not a big fan of the dress but Adele looks good so yey.
Emma Roberts in Oscar de la Renta gown
I would wear this gown. I would wear this gown!
Sandra Bullock in Elie Saab
Sexy Sandra!
Halle Berry in Versace
Love it or hate it, people will talk about this look for weeks. A bit art deco-ish or maybe a bit 80s space queen, I dunno. UNDECIDED.
 Nicole Kidman is wearing a L’Wren Scott dress, shoes and bag with Fred Leightonjewels.
Nicole is such a big fashion risk-taker. I'm not feeling the "Naruto swirls" but she's gorgeous otherwise.

That's it. The gowns this year were not really anything special. Last year, I just sat in front of the TV, ogling all the stars in their frocks. Anyway, who were your faves this year? 
x
Millie
❋ Follow and Subscribe 
Mark's Facebook   Twitter | Millie's Facebook  Twitter Tumblr  Youtube


Listening to: Love Will Tear Us Apart by Nouvelle Vague
       Loving: the Oscars
             =(: missing missing

3 comments:

  1. Emma Roberts in Oscar de la Renta gown
    Alicia Vikander in Elie Saab Couture gown
    Lily Collins in Zuhair Murad Couture dress

    ;)
    AG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! OMG hahahhaha thanks again A!!! <3

      Delete
    2. You're always welcome, Millie! :)


      xo,
      AG

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...