December 18, 2012

Maybelline's The Jewels in Refined Wine Lipstick Review


The dark eyes, wine stained, plum/berries and deep red lips look has been my favorite these past months. It all started with MAC Russian Red and MAC Rebel last Febuary and now, I am giddy that the wine-stained lips trend has taken over the catwalks for fall and winter. To be honest, this transition from my usual deep reds/burgundy to dark plums/wine has been Mark's idea. Mark has been insisting that I wear dark lips, reminiscent of 1920s make-up. We have obviously been sucked in by the whole Boardwalk Empire craze, but fret not, I won't be drawing a menacing Cruella De Vil linebrow anytime soon.

So aside from my MAC Rebel and MAC's Charmed, I'm Sure, I've been sporting Refined Wine from the collection The Jewels by Colorsensational, a limited edition collection by Maybelline.





Item: Maybelline's The Jewels by Colorsensational Lipstick in Refined Wine
Price: 399PHP
Color: wine red/plum
Pros:
-I looooove the vampy color! I've been wearing MAC Rebel for a few months now and so far, Maybelline's Refined Wine is taking over my make-up kit.
-very creamy
-Has a nice sheen to it
-Looks great in photos 
-Very light, easy to carry
-The good thing about the packaging is that it's easy to find in my bag.
-Almost a darker dupe for MAC Rebel
-2 coats on your lips and you're set.
-Color works well for both warm and cool toned skin types.
-Lasts for about 3-4 hours tops.
-Lasts even after eating a whole meal.

Cons:
-It's a bit tricky to apply since it can get smudgy.
-The color bleeds sometimes so watchout.
-It can get a bit messy so blot your lips with a napkin after applying.
-Can be a bit tricky to wear since this color looks better on a pale skin.
❋ Follow and Subscribe 
Mark's Facebook   Twitter | Millie's Facebook  Twitter Tumblr  Youtube


Listening to : Landfill by Daughter
        Loving: Wine Lips
            =( : sleepless days

2 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous shade! i love it so much! :) i tend to wear these type of shades so i'll definitely keep an eye out for these!

    Check out my blog at: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...