December 10, 2012

MAC Charmed, I'm Sure and MAC Scarlet Ibis Review

 I've talked about this collection last October 18 in my post. Click this link to view the post : MAC MARILYN MONROE COLLECTION So today, I'm just going to review these lippies. 
As I've said in my previous post, Charmed, I'm sure is a deeper red with a matte finish and blue undertones, whilst Scarlet Ibis is I think, her signature hue and more famous Marilyn lipstick, having a warmer red with orange-ish undertones. Perfect for my red lipstick collection :)
 MAC Charmed, I'm Sure, daylight, without flash.

Item: MAC Charmed, I'm Sure
Price: 25 AUD from Sydney. Around P1,000 here in the Phils.
Color: Cool red (Matte)

Pros:
- Really pigmented 
- Matte but has a creamy non-drying texture which will lend a bit of sheen to your pout
-Looks great in photos
-Works great with cool-toned girls

-It's a bit red-violet-ish for me.
-very light, easy to carry
-packaging is really slick
-smells nice


Cons:
-It was kind of like MAC's Russian Red to be honest so that was a bit of a downer since I still have 2 unused Russian Red lipsticks.

 Swatches on my warm-toned Pinay skin.
MAC Scarlet Ibis, daylight, without flash.

Item: MAC Scarlet Ibis
Price: 25 AUD from Sydney. Around P1,000 here in the Phils.
Color: Reddish Orange (Matte)

Pros:
-Wow! This color is really great. The color really pops out!

-I'm not sure if it's just that my skin tone is warm, but Scarlet Ibis really suits me.
-It's not visible in photos but this color actually reminds me of a more coral-ish MAC Morange.
-Great for Pinay skin tone! Highly recommended.
- Really pigmented
- Matte but has a creamy non-drying texture which will lend a bit of sheen to your pout
-Looks great in photos

-very light, easy to carry
-packaging is really slick
-smells nice


Cons:
-I had a bit of a hard time putting this on because the color really pops out so I think you have to use a lip pencil or something. Other than that, it's nice.

Hope this helped!
x
Millie


❋ Follow and Subscribe 
Mark's Facebook   Twitter | Millie's Facebook  Twitter Tumblr  Youtube


Listening to: Vermillion Pt 2 by Slipknot
Loving: MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection
=(: sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...