July 28, 2012

How To Store and Take Care Of Your Make Up

Like any of our possessions, our make up also deserve a lot of caring and loving. Storing make up properly will not only help you save space, it will also be able to maximize the use of each product by prolonging its shelf life. Here are 6 easy tips on how to store and take care of your make up products.

1. Use containers and train cases.
First thing you have to do is find sturdy and clean containers/cases for your make up. If you're from the Philippines, you can buy most of these in any SM department store, make up stores like Suesh or Divisoria.
It's good to buy clear containers so you can easily see your products.

This is my container/mini drawers on my desk where I put my lippies, nail products, meds and then some.

These lippies are for personal use since I use lipstick palettes for photo shoots. These are the usual colors I use everyday that's why I made sure that I could see them and easily grab them when I'm in a hurry. The Le Sportsac case used to hold my Blackberry. 
This is my new make up kit from Suesh. Make up inside here is for personal use. I use a different make up "luggage" for filming or shoot.


As you can see, it doesn't really hold a lot especially my palettes but it's just super gorgeous and does its job.
For more make up cases you can go to SUESH.
2. Sort cosmetics according to type.
Believe me, it's a lot easier when you know where everything is. Take a look at my kit for example, at first glance it may look a bit messy but it's actually organized.
I also arrange my palettes according to types. By the way, I'm selling my concealer palette and shimmer eye palette. PM me on facebook if you're interested. I haven't used any of them :)
 3. Throw out old make up.
This is a must. Please stop hoarding make up products especially when they are obviously off. Using old make up will give you a lot of skin/health problems and it is best to keep your stash updated. Sort out your make up kit every year. This is will not only save you space but will also save your skin. 
So how would you know when to throw your make up product? Here's a simple guide.

a. FOUNDATION- Get rid of your foundation when it starts to disintegrate-- when you see the oil and the product not meshing well. Foundation can last up to 2 years.

b. MASCARA- Shelf life is 3-6 months.When it gets dry and flaky, dish it. Also, a good tip is to swirl your mascara wand instead of pumping it in the tube to prevent getting more air inside.

c. POWDER- Lasts 2-3 years. If you accidentally crack yours, try putting moisturizer to glue the powder back together.

d. LIPSTICK and LIP GLOSS - Lasts up to 2 years. If it starts to smell bad, throw it.

4. Clean brushes regularly.
Brushes get dirty because oil, sweat and make up tend to stick on the bristles. Bacteria/germs thrive on dirty, unwashed brushes and I know you don't want that on your face. 
1. You can either buy an expensive brush cleaner from MAC or
2. You can do it my way when I'm too lazy to buy my brush cleaner: use Olive oil/baby oil and baby shampoo.
Just mix your oil on a plate with baby shampoo, dip your bushes and brush your palms with the bristles. The oil will keep your bristles soft while baby shampoo will sanitize your brushes.
5. Store make up at room temperature.
We don't like gooey lipstick and your make up products ruined because of sunlight.

6. Use creative storage solutions.
Like these:

If you don't have a budget for a nice make up case, be creative! Use bowls, plastic wares, boxes etc.

I hope this post helped. If you have any questions, feel free to comment or send me a message on Facebook. I'm also selling some make up products so watch out for that. Have a happy weekend!
x
Millie

❋ Follow and Subscribe 
Mark's Facebook   Twitter | Millie's Facebook  Twitter Tumblr  Youtube

Listening to : All Of Me by Angus and Julia Stone
            <3 : make up
            =( : stomach ache

10 comments:

  1. So many makeups!! And the brush holder/container looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It helped me a lot! Thanks for the tips! I have one question though, can i use any other oil aside from baby oil or Olive oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Eunice! I'm glad this was useful. You can also use virgin coconut oil :)

      Delete
    2. Will do, thanks again for the tips! :)

      Delete
  3. Very helpful! :)

    I learned so many things from you! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im gonna organize my make up when i get home. :) it's been a long time since i check on them.. I think some of them have expired already ;)

    www.keezandmakeup.b;logspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. suesh ?? where is that ?? never heard of it

    ReplyDelete
  6. i had a good reading experience in here,thank you
    www.zahrabeautystore.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...