May 24, 2012

MAC Watch Me Simmer Lipstick Review



I am not a big fan of bright pink lipsticks.
I'm more of a red/orange-ish/coral-ish lipstick kind of person.
So when I went to this huge MAC store in Petronas Towers during my trip in Kuala Lumpur,
it was natural that my eyes zoomed towards MAC's Watch Me Simmer Lipstick.

I know it looks kind of pink in this photo but that's just the natural light of our house. 
Google some other pics of Watch Me Simmer so you get a better idea of the shade :)
I remember when I bought my first lipstick from a MAC store in Sydney back in 2007.
It was a beautiful coral shade and with it came my happiest memories in Australia.
Since then, I've always, always been attracted to red and coral lipsticks much like this shade I'm about to review.

MAC's Watch Me Simmer Lipstick is part of their Shop MAC Cook MAC Collection.
The saleslady was egging me to buy this lippie.
According to her, this lippie is a 'limited edition' and that most MAC stores around KL have run out of stock. I don't really tend to watch out for latest MAC products and get excited over their "newest" collection that I'd dash in front of my laptop and order on-line. I refrain from buying over the internet.
 I usually go to the nearest mall,  Sephora or any make-up and MAC store to choose a lip color that would go well with what I'm doing or event I'm attending.
Anyway, I wasn't really thinking of buying this BUT the color was just SO PRETTY!
As I've said, my eyes zoomed past other colors and settled on this gorgeous coral/peachy pink lipstick. 
The color brightens any skin color and is really fun to sport.
It's not super loud or "electrifying" that it would make you look like a clown,
but it has a good pop and punch effect which makes it a staple for spring and summer.

Item: MAC Watch Me Simmer Lipstick 
Price: 68 Ringgit(MYR) Around P1,000 here in the Phils for 3g/.1oz.
Color: bright orange pink acc to MAC

Pros:
- As an amplified finish, it is really pigmented and creamy
-Has a nice sheen to it
-Looks great in photos
-Works with any skin color
-very light, easy to carry
-has MAC's staple vanilla-ish scent so it smells nice
-is not really drying but I still recommend you exfoliate your lips beforehand
-is leaning towards a bit of warm peach than pink. (my photos don't do it justice because of the bluish lighting in Singapore Terminal 2)

Cons:
-Can get a little neon in some lights
-It fades after 5 hours but doesn't totally disappear



MAC store inside Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


candy land!


loving shopping
If you want more lipstick reviews, check out:

MAYBELLINE COLORSENSATIONAL BOLD MATTE IN HONEY NECTAR
MAYBELLINE THE JEWELS: REFINED WINE LIPSTICK REVIEW
MAC PINK NOUVEAU LIPSTICK REVIEW
MAC RUSSIAN RED LIPSTICK REVIEW
MAC REBEL LIPSTICK REVIEW
CHANEL ROUGE ALLURE LIBERTINE LIPSTICK REVIEW
ETUDE HOUSE PETIT DARLING LIPS RED LIPSTICK REVIEW
AFFORDABLE RED LIPSTICKS UNDER 300 PESOS

x

❋ Follow and Subscribe 
Mark's Facebook   Twitter | Millie's Facebook  Twitter Tumblr  Youtube

Listening to : Llove by Kaskade feat Haley
            <3  : coral lipsticks
             =( : Dad ate all the Lindt chocolates at home -__-

2 comments:

  1. hi millie, i've been reading your blog since last night! (zombie mode)
    you have interesting topics.. i have to ask if MAC is cheaper in Malaysia vs. MAC stores here in PH?
    thanks! and keep it up!
    -theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Theresa! Thank you so much for reading our blog!! We really appreciate it :) I think MAC in Malaysia is just a bit cheaper by 100-200php. :) Thanks again :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...