April 23, 2012

Affordable Red Lipsticks Below 300 Pesos

I am not much of a big fan of pink lipsticks but I adore red lippies.  Red lipsticks, when worn with proper make up, evoke a classic appeal reminiscent of old Hollywood glamour and pin-up girls. If you've been reading my blog for quite a while, you would know that I lean towards the 20s-60s look with thick eyeliners and red lips. With a range of good lipsticks on the market, acquiring red lippies shouldn't be a stretch on your wallet. Here are some very affordable red lipsticks of different shades for 300 php and below:


1. Nichido Matte Lipstick in Temptation P188
2. NYX Matte Lipstick in Pure Red P300
3. Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Scarlet P145



Left-Right
1. Nichido Matte Lipstick in Temptation (dark/cool raisin red)
2. NYX Matte Lipstick in Pure Red (classic red)
3. Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Scarlet (warm red)
What: Nichido Matte Lipstick 

Color: Temptation ( A bit of raisin-like shade/ dark, cool red) 

Price:  P188 

Where: Watsons Philippines, Robinsons



Pros: 

-Pigmented

-Not too drying

-lasts for up to 5 hours tops

-dark color makes skin appear lighter

-smells ok

-has a detachable lipgloss on top of the cover
-light, easy to carry
-affordable

Cons
-it's not too drying at times but I still recommend to put
   gloss on or before as it can dry your lips at times
-not as creamy as it looks
-texture is a bit rough/dry
-doesn't glide as easily
What: NYX Matte Lipstick 

Color: Pure Red (classic red) 

Price:  P300

Where: Alabang Town Center



Pros: 

-Pigmented

-creamy

-lasts for hours

-I can honestly say this is good for both warm and cool skin tones

-smells ok

-moisturizes my lips
-light, easy to carry
-affordable
-it doesn't bleed or fade
-feels good on the lips since it's so moist but still matte

Cons:
-None really, this is value for your money.


What: Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick 

Color: Scarlet  (warm red) 

Price:  P145

Where: Watsons Philippines, Robinsons



Pros: 

-great color

-very affordable

-lasts for up to 3-5 hours tops

-smells ok

-has a detachable lipgloss on top of the cover

-light, easy to carry

Cons
-very drying
-you really need to moisturize your lips first
-lipstick texture is a bit rough, stiff and dry
-doesn't glide as easily
-I had to apply 3-4 coats before it fills out my whole lips
-Only redeeming trait of this lipstick is the cute warm red color

Verdict: I personally would buy more NYX products than Nichido or Ever Bilena. I only use the latter ones for retouching and for photoshoots when I have to remove make-up afterwards. 

If you want more lipstick reviews, check out:
MAC WATCH ME SIMMER LIPSTICK REVIEW
MAC PINK NOUVEAU LIPSTICK REVIEW
MAC RUSSIAN RED LIPSTICK REVIEW
MAC REBEL LIPSTICK REVIEW
CHANEL ROUGE ALLURE LIBERTINE LIPSTICK REVIEW
ETUDE HOUSE PETIT DARLING LIPS RED LIPSTICK REVIEW
I hope these reviews helped a bit.  
Enjoy your red lippies!
x



You can also check out my other make-up reviews, click:
Affordable Make Up Below P150
Affordable Make Up Below P300


❋ Follow and Subscribe 
Mark's Facebook   Twitter | Millie's Facebook  Twitter Tumblr  Youtube



Listening to : massive attack's paradise circus zeds dead remix 
            <3 : red lipsticks
            =( : it's so hot

6 comments:

  1. HI! :) I just want to ask where exactly in ATC can I buy NYX Lipsticks? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! I forgot the name of that area.. like their "fashion Street" with all the little shops in between Food Court and Topman :)Just go in and you'll see the NYX stall there ;D

      Delete
    2. Finally visited their stall and I loved all the shades they offered! Thank you! :)

      Delete
    3. You're very much welcome! enjoy! :)

      Delete
  2. I also love Scarlet from Ever Bilena. I always have a variety of shades of lipsticks in my kikay kit, but I am never wirthout the Scarlet matte lipstick. It's amazing what difference it can make to your entire look. I have my own post here:

    http://fashchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/10/fash-love-ever-bilena-scarlet-matte.html

    Btw, I love your blog here. If you would be interested in following each other, just let me know dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're right, red lips really make a difference. It adds a certain "pop" on your face.
      I saw your blogpost and the color really suited you. Sure, I'll follow you :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...