January 29, 2012

MAC Russian Red Lipstick Review

This is my unused MAC Russian Red. I bought 2 sticks because I fell for this color so much.


Pigmented. Really great color and even if it's a cool-toned red, it works well with ANY skin color.

One coating top and bottom.  Looks a bit warm red because of lighting


the nearest to the actual color of Russian Red

I've been a MAC fan since I bought my first lipstick back in 2007 in Sydney. I've tried several lip colors but I almost always buy any coral lippie from them. After that, I've strayed to Chanel, Revlon, Etude etc just to experiment with other brands. After going to Singapore and passing several MAC stores, I sought after their "Lady Danger" lip color but they were always out of stock. Fortunately, I was able to stumble across MAC's Russian Red.


Russian Red has been MAC's more popular shade since they launched it back in the 80s. Many celebrities including Gwen Stefani, my fave music and style icon, Scarlett Johansson, Dita Von Teese (another fave style icon) and Christina Aguilera to name a few, have sworn their love for this gorgeous lip color from MAC. It adds instant glam to any blah make up or outfit because of its classic/ retro shade. Good for any skin color, this will definitely be a staple in my ever expanding make-up collection.

Item: MAC Russian Red Lipstick
Price: 28 SGD since I bought mine in Singapore. Around P1,000 here in the Phils.
Color: Russian Red (Matte)

Pros:
- Really pigmented 
- Matte but has a creamy non-drying texture which will lend a bit of sheen to your pout
-Looks great in photos
-Works with any skin color
-very light, easy to carry
-does not stain your teeth!
-smells nice

-lasts long-does not scream "look at me"  when you walk in a room but rather gives off a come-hither vibe
-classic red lip color

Cons:
-If you're not careful, application can be messy since it's very pigmented
-it might stain your lover's lips, shirt, your fingers: again, very pigmented


Listening to : Diamonds Are A Girl's Bestfriend by Marilyn Monroe
              <3: red lips
             =( : cramps


2 comments:

  1. Love the color red and it sets the mood for an evening party automatically.I prefer the matte finish that comes with this variety of MAC.The quality also stays on for a longer time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Even after eating, I don't really need to touch up to much. I just pat some on.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...