October 13, 2011

Justice for Given Grace



I'm a bit shaken by the news about Given Grace Cebanico. I saw her mutilated body on ABS CBN website and couldn't take the image off my mind. I'm very worried since one of my closest friends still lives in UPLB and she's currently alone.
It could have been my classmate, my friend, my sister, my mother... it could have been me. She was a student like you and me. You probably know her routine or what her feet felt after walking under the sun along Grove or Freedom Park in her slippers or flats. You probably know how hard it was to get subjects and had to dance your way into one. You probably know how much she enjoyed Feb Fair with her org mates.

 Most importantly,  you probably know what it feels like to be human, to fight for your life every single day. She's a woman, a woman who did not deserve to die like that. We demand justice. 


As an alumae of University of the Philippines Los Banos,  I am sending out my condolences to the family and friends of Given Grace.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...