July 31, 2011

Tres Libras (3 Libras)

blazer from Topshop, vintage coca cola tshirt from Thailand, leather belt from Diesel, shorts from Supre, accessories from Diva (sydney), lacy knee high stockings from David Jones


"threw you the obvious and you flew
with it on your back, a name in your recollection,
thrown down among a million same.
difficult not to feel a little bit disappointed
and passed over
when i've looked right through
to see you naked and oblivious
and
you don't see me.but i threw you the obvious
just to see if there's more behind the eyes
of a fallen angel,
the eyes of a tragedy.
here i am expecting just a little bit
too much from the wounded.
but i see through it all
and see you.
so i threw you the obvious
to see what occurs behind the eyes of a fallen angel,
eyes of a tragedy.
oh well. apparently nothing.
you don't see me.
you don't see me at all"

3 Libras by A Perfect Circle
2009 Sydney. This was definitely not taken in Manila. If I dared walk the streets of Alabang or Makati wearing those lacy knee high stockings and leather boots 2 years ago, I bet you the heavens would open and strike me with a chorus of Padre Damaso and my grandmother drowning me with every word associated to women who make transactions with their flesh. I'm actually glad that I see a lot of girls trudging the path of Anna Wintour, leaving their jeans+shirt+Havs combination in their college backpacks. I love daring women and kids who are not afraid to experiment with their style. I feel comfortable around the UP Fine Arts building, cosplays, anime conventions, B-Side or  Cubao  X. Although the fashion industry is slowly progressing in the country, please be wary not to look like a lookbook.nu carbon copy or whatnot. My outfit may seem lookbookish but when it was taken, I was actually inspired by the young/indie/university crowd in Sydney where I stayed for a while so yeah, take that as an excuse. Bwaha. Anyway, inspired by the internet or not, I'm glad some Filipinos are becoming more daring when it comes to fashion choices. I myself follow my own rule: be fashionably comfortable. I vowed never to wear anything that would give me discomfort so even if you see me in 6 inch heels, I can assure you I will not trip like a hoe on coke.  


Listening to : 3 Libras by A Perfect Circle
              <3: Brave people
             =( : close-minded people

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...