April 22, 2011

The Face Shop's Face it HD Perfect BB Cream Review





Facts:

BB cream -also known as Blemish Balm or Blemish Base or Beblesh Balm, is a cosmetic item sold in East and Southeast Asia Originally formulated in Germany, it was initially used by dermatologists to help laser surgery patients protect, soothe and refine highly sensitive skin while providing light coverage for post-laser scars, acne and other blemishes.

In recent years BB cream has gained a huge following for its skin-regenerating properties and is now also widely used in Asia to provide natural-looking skin coverage.
BB creams come in a variety of different formulations. Some are said to have skin whitening or brightening properties, others are anti-acne, some are anti-wrinkle, some are intended to even out skin tone, and yet others to lighten blemish scars. BB creams are sometimes used like a primer under foundation, and if tinted may even replace foundation and some newer ones will have functions of primer, foundation, moisturizer, sun block, pore minimization and skin refining together which can save time and money in make-up.
Popular brands on the market today include, but are not limited to, Dr. Jart, Liole, Missha, Murasaki Japan and SKIN79 which are made in Korea and Japan. - Wikipedia

Item: The Face Shop's Face it HD-Perfect BB cream
What it has acc to the packaging: SPF30/PA++. Contains HD Skin Complex to meticulously conceal skin flaws and blemishes while covering widened pores and eneven skin surface to provide a dair and smooth HD skin appearance.
Price: 995Php, 40 grams. Pricey - __ -
Color:  Comes in one color only acc to the sales lady: Natural Beige
this pic is not photoshopped or anything. This BB cream was able to hide my dark circles, freckles and a bit of my mole near my lip.  It evened out my skin tone and I only used concealer under the eyes and pressed powder after.
After 1 week of using the product: before and after BB cream.. As you can see, it was able to hide some of my freckles and evened out my skin tone.  

Pros: 
-Smells good but if you want an odorless cream then this is not for you.
-Packaging is really nice.
-I was able to buy this small trial version so I'm very happy because I don't wanna waste money if I didn't like the product.
-First time I tried it in the office, I really liked it. Gave me a good glow even though I'm acidic which means, make up tends to get darker on my face and fades quickly.
-Moisturized my skin really well which is good because I have dry skin esp in our office where it's damn cold. Apparently it's also good for oily skin.
-My skin really improved after using a couple of times.
-I didn't need foundation! Thank God. My skin felt it could finally breathe because this BB cream was soo light.
-I now only use BB cream, MAC concealer, pressed powder and sometimes blush on. 
-Was able to hide my freckles. Yes, I do have them on my cheek bones.
-Evened out my skin tone.
-I didn't need to retouch too much whole day. Just needed to powder my nose.
-Lasted til night.
-Easy to wash off.
-For day use only for darker skin tones.
-Face felt smoother.
-It has a matte finish.

Cons:
-Comes only in one shade. Really annoying to be honest and it's a bit lighter than my skin tone. I was able to adjust my skin tone with a darker shade of my pressed powder.
-quite thick and it's hard to spread on my face since it sticks and dries easily. Had to put more.
-REALLY BAD AT NIGHT. Seriously bad. Look at the photo above. Since it's made for whiter skin, you can see how uneven it looked not only in photos but also in person. They should seriously consider creating BB creams for different skin tones. 
-Quite impractical because you have to remove it and put foundation at night to even out your skin tone if you don't want to look like a floating face on pictures.
-I seriously do not recommend this for morenas, sun-kissed or Filipinas with darker skin tone. The product was made in Korea and I have a feeling, their target market were koreans and other countries with lighter skin tone.
-too expensive for its size I think

Verdict: I will buy the bigger version of this product but I'll only use it during the day. It's really good on my skin and I really like the results. it's good for any skin type, has a matte finish and was able to use as a substitute for my Make Up For Ever foundation. I just find this a bit impractical since I can't use it at night because it renders an uneven skin tone. All in all, it's not the best product but it's good.



❋ Follow and Subscribe 
Mark's Facebook   Twitter | Millie's Facebook  Twitter Tumblr  Youtube

Listening to : Raphael by Carla Bruni
              <3: make up
              =(: heat

8 comments:

  1. Hindi naman. Pero hindi ko pwedeng igeneralize kasi iba iba rin epekto ng products sa tao. As for me, I didn't break out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving this BB cream! I even bought extra when I went back home. And it's doesn't break out my skin. They that's two shades now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still using it to be honest. They have two shades now? I'll check it out! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. the best BB cream I have tried so far. It has good coverage, covers my pimple scars. It also looks more natural on my skin. I always get compliments whenever I wear it, they said my skin looks healthier. They had no Idea it was the make up lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your experience with this BB cream. It is the best BB cream I have tried so far! I just wish they had more colors for darker skin tones :)

      Delete
  4. I am using face it hd perfect bb cream. very good !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...