January 30, 2011

Magazine Overload

Half of my magazine collection from Vogue, Marie Claire, Cosmo, Dolly to FHM :)

Cleo and Marie Claire from Australia, Seventeen from Thailand, Gothic Lolita Bible and Kera from Japan


I love Cosmo, Dolly, Girlfriend

Pinoy mags Mega, Chalk, Cosmo, Garage, and an Art mag featuring Pinoy art

FHM, graphic novels, Seventeen, Teen Vogue etc
"I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem" - Affirmation, Savage Garden. 
Really? NOT really.

Took the pics last October while I was cleaning the guest room. My God, I didn't realize I collected so many magazines from around the world. Some form of souvenir I guess. I have Teen Vogue from Paris when Mark went there, magazines from US, Australia, China, Japan, Thailand, etc.
  About the line from the song "Affirmation", I don't totally agree with it because I've definitely learned a lot from the magazines I collected. There were plenty of helpful tips about beauty, health, sex and fashion. Aside from looking at mags as a source of gossip, I find the featured photos artistic especially from Vogue and the Japanese magazines Gothic Lolita Bible and Kera.  I don't buy mags as much now, partly because I could find anything I want on the Internet and also I've vowed to start reading books again. I was such a book worm back in high school and I've wanted to reignite the passion since. I recently finished Bernhard Schlink's The Reader and I will have a separate post about it. I'm so glad that I was able to finish one because it's part of my new year's resolution. I have a pile of unread books at home I would want to finish before the year ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...